Friday, January 18, 2008

Rock Climbing in Railay



Ummm yeah. No surprise that Stan did this, in fact I had no idea I was dating a monkey. He literally ran up and down these climbs before I could even get my shoes on. VERY IMPRESSIVE, and it was a really nice surprise to find out something about him that I had never known before. We did a full day of climbing on Railay beach, which has these incredible limestone cliffs on the beach, with absolutely breathtaking views from the top. To give you an idea of the surrounding sights, one of the nearby islands was used in "The Beach". Literally emerald green water. So, having never climbed before in my life, and having a slight fear of heights, and having a problem with people telling me what to do.... the morning was horrible. If you are one of the lucky readers that has tried to teach me something in my life you know how difficult I am, and what my frustrating yell sounds like. Well Stan and the instructor and I suppose most of the climbers on the beach got an earful of it. Once I got a little more comfortable with the idea that the rope would not break or slip out of its knot, I found myself scurrying up the walls (mostly sideways for some reason, but hey, I was comfortable). So now I have a new addiction, once my arms stop hurting. Maybe I will treat you all to a gun show when I get home.

3 comments:

Laying Under Stars said...

soooo cool.

btw thanks for the awesome christmas presents i wear the scarf like everyday!

Irishmom said...

Two things: 1) Glad to see at least one country has fire apparatus and 2) May the Nike's rest in peace. "Farewell my good and faithful friend".

jeff holder said...

Hey there you two crazy kids.... just go the new blog site. love it! keep up the fun for us.
Jeff and Gus